Best 7 Weight Loss Exercises at Home for Men and Women
As you well know, exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Whether you opt for cardio, aerobics, pilates or fitness, physical activities integrated into your daily routine help you maintain your tone and have more energy.
But if you have not yet reached the desired balance and want to lose the extra pounds, even from the comfort of your home, a few weight loss exercises for the home have proven to be particularly effective.
Remember that the weight loss process is personal, and you don’t set unrealistic goals. Recipes that promise to lose 1 kg a day are not healthy or sustainable. Starvation and exhaustion will lead to loss of muscle mass instead of developing it harmoniously.
Adopt a balanced lifestyle, and you can lose between 0.5 and 1 kg of adipose tissue per week. To maintain your motivation and see long-term results, consume 2 L of water a day and foods rich in protein, vitamins and minerals. Rest is also essential, and if you have pre-existing health problems, consult a doctor before starting any workout.
Table of Contents
Warm-up with a Short Set of Cardio Exercises
Balancing your arms and legs, a few extensions and twists on the spot or jumping rope will help you gradually warm up your muscles and avoid injuries. In addition, now is the time to pay attention to your breathing. Inhale and exhale deeply to prevent hypoxia or muscle cramps during exercise.
1. Kneeling, Excellent Weight Loss Exercises for the Legs
Kneeling is one of the best exercises for losing weight and increasing muscle tone in the lower body and the abdomen, especially if you run them at a steady pace and as slowly as possible.
How to do:
- Start with the legs at the hips and the hands clasped in front of the chest.
- Lay your weight on your heels and, keeping your back straight, lower your hips until they are parallel to the ground.
- Ensure that the knees do not turn inwards or outwards but remain permanently straight with the toes.
- Hold the position for a few seconds before returning to the original work.
- Include in your training session 3 sets of 15 repetitions each.
2. Burpees Aerobic Exercises are Ideal for Losing Weight Fast
A burpee is essentially a three-part exercise: a knee flexion followed by a float and a jump in the air. So it involves most of the muscle groups in the human body. Here, speed matters. Multiple repetitions in quick succession will help you increase your heart rate and burn calories while building your strength and endurance.
How to do:
Start with a classic knee bend, then place your palms on the floor, right in front of your feet.
- Support your hands and stretch your legs back without your knees touching the ground. Keeping your body perfectly straight, from head to toe, do afloat.
- Reverse the movements, bringing the legs to the chest. Lay your weight on them and raise your hands off the floor to return to your knees.
- He stretches out his arms and whole body with a slight jump in the air.
- He lands on the spot, with his knees slightly bent, and resumes the process.
- Include in your training session 3 sets of 10 repetitions.
- Between sets, it would be ideal for taking short breaks of just one minute to keep your heart rate high. Of course, if you feel you need more time, take longer breaks.
- When doing such weight loss exercises at home, staying focused and performing them correctly is essential to avoid injury.
3. Front and Backbends, Essential for Hip Mobility
The movement works primarily on the buttocks, quadriceps, and biceps femoris, extending into the folds and contracting as the foot lifts off the ground.
Therefore, these exercises to lose weight for the hips and legs lengthen your muscles and give you extra mobility in the joints. Please include them in the middle of demanding workouts to prevent injuries.
How to do:
- Spread your legs apart at your hips and keep your hands on your hips or your body.
- Take a big step forward, and with your abdomen contracted and your back straight, bend down until your front knee forms an angle of about 90 degrees with the floor.
- The back heel rises from the ground, and the back knee also forms an inverted angle of 90 degrees.
- Hold for two seconds, then push yourself into the support leg to return to the starting position and resume the exercise with the other leg.
- You can try the fusion back for diversification, applying the same principles, only you take a step back and not forward.
- 3 sets of 20 reps (10 on each side) are enough to enjoy the benefits of this type of workout.
4. Plank Position for Effective Weight Loss Exercises
Our list could not miss the board or “board”, better known as a plank. It pays close attention to all muscle groups, from the most visible to the smallest, with a supporting spine and daily executive function. Include it in your daily routine, and you will be able to move freely up to the age of 100.
Exercise is so helpful for the whole body that it is included in almost every exercise program, from aerobics to pilates, fitness or yoga.
How to do:
- The movement resembles afloat but does not include flexing and bending to the ground. Therefore, place your hands directly under your shoulders and straighten your neck, back and legs so that they are in a straight line. Look a little ahead, about a meter in front of you.
- Ensure that the body’s weight is ideally distributed between the left and right sides and between the hands and feet. Check if this is the case by lifting one foot or hand off the floor without losing your balance.
- Keep your abdomen, buttocks and hips slightly tense and keep the board as long as you can, without compromising your shape or breathing. Then take a break and try again.
- You can start with a lighter version, namely, plank on the forearms instead of the standard float position if you are a beginner.
- Try to hold the position for 20 seconds and gradually increase the duration to a few minutes. Thus, 3 sets of 2-3 minutes of plank each will work wonders for your back, but also your abdomen, buttocks or hips.
5. Dynamic Board, Weight Loss Exercises for Arms and Abdomen
Floats are ideal for toning your whole body, especially your arms and chest. But even more efficient than the classic floats. In addition to the fitness side, they add a cardio element that accelerates fat burning in the abdomen and thighs.
In addition, they are perfect as home weight loss exercises for beginners because they do not involve too complex or complicated manoeuvres.
How to do:
- The exercise starts from the plank or “plank” position. So place your palms on the floor or a yoga mat so that your wrists reach directly under your shoulders. The head and back should be straight, and the abdomen slightly tense.
- Make sure your weight is evenly distributed on your left and right, between your hands and toes.
- Without lifting your back or sitting, bring your knees to your chest alternately, as if you were climbing a mountain.
- Invigorate your workout with 3 sets of one minute each, even longer. This way, you will be able to take full advantage of these quick weight loss exercises at home.
6. Superman Lifts Pilates Exercises for Hips, Back and Shoulders
After so many plank exercises to lose weight, it will be a relief to lie on your stomach and extend your arms and legs more like Superman in action, hence the movement’s name. Such extensions are perfect for beginners and those who pull the irons at the gym or stay at the office for most of the day, as they strengthen all the muscles of the back, especially the lumbar area. With a straighter posture, you will feel that you have gained a few inches in height overnight. In addition, you will be able to train more like a book. Deltoids, biceps and triceps, buttocks and calves – all will thank you for this well-deserved workout.
How to do:
- Lie on the floor with your face down, your legs straight, and your arms outstretched.
- Raise your arms, chest and legs about 10-15 cm above the ground. Avoid lifting your head too high not to put too much pressure on the cervical area.
- You should feel your shoulders, back and gluteal muscles contract without causing you pain. If you feel significant discomfort, start with small steps, leaving your arms and legs hovering just above the floor.
- Hold the extension for 2-3 seconds, as long as it takes you to inhale and exhale quietly, at an average pace. Slowly return to the initial neutral position, take a short breath, and then resume movement.
- Set your goal of reaching 3 sets of 10 exercises each to do leisurely. If you currently fail to do all 10 reps in a series, split them into smaller groups or limit yourself to fewer movements, but execute correctly until you build the endurance and flexibility you need.
7. The Abdomen for Losing Weight at Home
The abs are among the most intense pilates or aerobic exercises, but the results are correct. When done correctly, they target the upper and lower abdominal muscles, the obliques and the back muscles. As a result, they increase the balance and endurance of the whole body and prepare you for other types of effort, whether you want to start swimming or running or start long hikes in the middle of nature.
How to do:
- Lie on your fitness mat and bend your legs with your feet on the floor. Stick the spine to the surface you are sitting on and place your hands on your chest or either side of your head.
- Exhale, contract your abdomen and lift your shoulder blades a few inches off the floor.
- Be careful not to force your neck forward; lift it slightly, imagining yourself holding a tennis ball under your chin. Hold the position for a moment, breathing controlled.
- Return close to the starting point without touching the carpet with your back to the end of a whole set of exercises, and repeat the movement.
- Include in your workout 3 sets of 15-20 abs. It won’t be long before you feel and see the difference. Hello, six-pack abs!
End your Training with Stretching Exercises
Stretching movements are intuitive, and it’s not for nothing that we practice them from the start. They improve blood flow and flexibility, increase our energy levels and prevent pain, including muscle aches, by eliminating excess lactic acid from the body.
So, no matter how much you rush to start your day or move on to other tasks, take at least five minutes to stretch and relax the muscles you just put to work.
Lie on the yoga mat and take a deep breath so that your heart rate gradually drops. Slightly extend your arms and legs, and then raise your knees so that they are just above your hips.
Rotate your torso left and right, keeping the opposite arm perpendicular to the ground. Return to the starting position, hug your knees and then place your feet on the carpet, shaking your feet.
This is just one of the many stretching and weight loss yoga exercises you can try. Everything moves slowly and maintains each posture for 15-20 seconds without forcing the muscles.