8 Festive Date Night Ideas for Fall
Few seasons are as exciting and cozy as the fall season. It doesn’t matter if you’re on your first date with that person you’ve been talking to on Hinge or on your hundredth date with your long-time beau. It’s time for pumpkin spice lattes and long drives to look at all the pretty fall foliage. If you’re looking for some fun date night ideas this autumn, we have eight seriously fun festive date night ideas you’ll love for putting on your cashmere sweater and ankle booties.
1. PYO in an Orchard — There’s nothing quite like fresh-baked apple pie in the fall. If you really want to make your apple pie extra special this fall season, go on an apple-picking date for your own apples. Put on some cute women’s clothing, like a cardigan, to keep you warm while you’re going through the orchard. Besides apples, there are plenty of other fruits and vegetables to pick during the fall season. Pick some pumpkins that you can make into pumpkin soup or carve into scary Jack-o’-lanterns. Not sure where to find some Pick-Your-Own (PYO) farms near year? PickYourOwn.org has a helpful list of PYO farms in every state, and you’re sure to find ones in or at least near your area.
2. Bake Goodies in the Kitchen — You don’t have to be expert bakers to enjoy baking goodies in the kitchen with your significant other. Instead of going out to a fancy restaurant to try their delicious, handmade dessert, why not be the bakers tonight and bake that apple crumble you’ve been dreaming of? Take a trip to the grocery store together. Pick out some ingredients. Go back home together, put on some nice music, and enjoy baking something new together.
3. Go to a Football Game — It’s the fall season. That also means that it’s football season. Whether the two of you are sitting at home on the couch for a Sunday afternoon game or doing a double date with friends at the bar for Monday night football, you want to make sure you’ve dressed the part. Upgrade your game day clothing and get ready to cheer on your favorite team. Today’s trendy game day clothing isn’t just your team’s jersey. There are plenty of pretty sweaters and cute earrings you can wear both at the tailgate and for post-drinks or dinner after the game.
4. Coffee Date in a Cafe — Switch it up this fall by pumpkin spicing up your life. Instead of going to yet another bar on a Friday night, why not try a coffee date in a cafe? It’s the perfect excuse to enjoy those pumpkin spice lattes together that everyone has been talking about. Try different fall blends at a local coffee shop. At an independent cafe, you’re more likely to run into local bands performing on their acoustic guitar or poets doing their spoken word poetry. It’s a seriously fun date, all for the low price of a few cups of coffee.
5. Indoor Movie Night — You don’t even have to leave the house for this next fun date night activity. Have a movie night from the comfort of your couch. Heat up some popcorn and butter in the microwave. Get all cozy on the couch in your best pajamas and snuggly robes. Cuddle together while you watch a heartwarming rom-com, or get even closer as you watch a spooky Halloween movie together.
6. Take a Hike — Yeah, you heard us. Take a hike! Get active on your next fall date by going for a hike together. If you’re beginner hikers, go for a light-to-medium difficulty trail. Be sure to pack some snacks and plenty of water. If you’re more experienced hikers, try some new trails together. Just be sure to bring a map of the trail and let others know of your whereabouts before you go for that hike.
7. Spook Yourself for Spooky Season — It is spooky season, after all! Why not get a little spooked? You and your beau can attend a spooky festival near you with plenty of thrills and chills for festival goers. Channel your inner child by going to a haunted house. Find an amusement park near you and see if they have any fun Halloween-themed events this fall season.
8. Rake the Leaves — When you have adult chores to attend to, like raking the leaves, it can feel like a bit of a drag. Don’t forget to have a little fun and embrace your inner child. The next time you and your beau need to rake the leaves at home, rake them all into a big pile and then jump into them. You’ll feel just like little kids again. Just remember to wear long pants like trendy jeans for women, so you don’t scrape your knee when you’re jumping into that pile of crisp fall leaves.